Thursday, April 2, 2009

I Have a Tickle in my Blog

I was just sitting here thinking about tickling, and I decided to do some research. This is what I found:

"Most adults are known to enjoy tickling, either participating or watching. It can play a part in courting rituals, espescially among younger people, and can therefore be considered part of foreplay for many partners in the term's broadest sense. However, people who claim to have a tickling fetish are likely to enjoy this activity to the exclusion of other pre-sex activities. For some, the focus is entirely on the tickling, with full intercouse less important or not included at all. People whose sexuality is based almost solely on tickling can be said to have a tickling fixation. This fixaction may also exist outside of sexual contexts. The number of people who possess this fetish in its fullest sense is unknown, but since the advent of the internet there has been a growing online community with the popular Tickling Media Forum having over 82,000 members as of February 2009. In addition there have been a number of country-specific communities developing with the most prominent being Tickle Brits with over 6,000 members as of February 2009. Other notable communities include Haltickling ,a Germain site and The Brazilian Tickling Forum."

A few things to note:
1. I think that the statement, "Most adults are known to enjoy tickling, either participating or watching." is pretty bold. I would say that most adults either are neutral to tickling or view it in a less favorable manner. You never hear people say "Oh, keep tickling me". or "Let me watch you tickle that other person". And you never see somebody voluntarily raise their arms above their head to allow someone to tickle them. It is much more common to see someone to ask someone to please stop tickling him or to resist when someone does try to tickle him.
2. While I will admit that tickle sex is probably the safest form of sex to practice, I do not think that I could take seriously anyone who prefers tickling to the "exclusion of other pre-sex activities" or views "full intercourse less important" than tickling.
3. I don't understand why there is such a huge online community for people who love to tickle. A tickling craving does not seem like one that can be satisfied via cyber space.
4. For some reason, the phrase "Tickle Brits" is the scariest thing that I could ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment