Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Blog Beneath My Wings

Yesterday, my photography teacher, said "I was reading that really popular Arthritis magazine, you know...." No, I'm sorry m'am, you are going to have to clarify.

Then my 24 year old friend started a sentence by saying "I was reading Reader's Digest..." My parents are not willing to splurge on a new pair of Spalding shorts for my dad, but they were willing to pay for 30+ years worth of Readers Digest subscriptions.

While we are on the subject of huge disappointments, I practiced for my first kiss by making out with my shower wall for 2 years. Then when I had my first kiss, the boy had Skoal in his mouth.

1 comment:

  1. i think when Reader's Digest came along the only contracts they were offering were lifetime subscriptions for $2/month. This is similar to the ridiculousness of pizza promotions. Currently, you can purchase a Pizza Hut pizza for one penny. That is absurd.

    ReplyDelete