Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Blogger commits Petit Larceny

A story from my past:



This occured on a Friday in August of 2008. I got a hair cut at Hair Theatre on Robinson St. at 3:45pm. At 7:30, my phone rang from an unknown Richmond number. I answered, and the following conversation occured:

Me: Hello
Voice of a Stranger: Hello, is this Kimberly?
Me: Yes
Voice of a Stranger: You got your hair cut this afternoon, right?
Me: Yes
Voice of a Stranger: Well, I think you took the pen with you when you left.
Me: What?
Voice of a Stranger: You signed your receipt with a Sharpie and I think that you took it with you when you left.
Me: Oh yea, here it is.
Voice of a Stranger: Can you bring it back?
Me: Um, ok.
Voice of a Stranger: I will give you the brown Sharpie if you bring the purple Sharpie back.
Me: That's not necessary.
Voice of a Stranger: See you soon!

I, of course, had realized that I had taken the Sharpie half way on my walk home. But I did not realize that the small business would notice/care. The part that offends me the most is that they thought I would want the brown Sharpie.

I took the Sharpie back on my way to a cook-out. The woman had kept the salon open late so that I could return the Sharpie.

1 comment:

  1. A question more perplexing than the theft of the purple Sharpie is how were you able to sign your name with a purple Sharpie in the first place and not have it come out like a purple blob?

    ReplyDelete